And now that we picked the meat it is so easy to prepare the most amazing stew with the instant pot. So if you haven’t try it yet let me tell you that Instant Pot uses high heat, which not only cooks meals faster, but is more effective at detoxifying food than slow cookers and more energy efficient with no steam escaping! I find the food is actually more flavorful than food prepared in slow cookers.
Beef is quite demanding and many of us do not know how to choose it and how to cook it. There are some tricks that make the difference in a hard steak like a stone and a juicy one. That is why we have to choose an entrecote or a musk. These are the finest pieces of beef. Entrecote is fatter and juicy, the muscle is a bit thinner, but certainly tender. Fresh beef has a dark red color. In the case of antlers, you must choose the one who has the most white fat spikes. Is the best. At the muscles the choice is simple. If you want to cook beef and be softer choose the calf because it is safe younger meat.
You can also try to adapt the recipe to your own taste but I advise you not to add vegetables that would melt too hard in the instant pot therefore we recommended vegetables such as carrots and potatoes.
Although the cooking time is not short, you can relax because Instant pot will be doing all the work, you just add the ingredients and let it do his magic. And should I tell you about all the health benefits of this type of cooking they are so many I will tell you in another article.
So trust me if you want to impress your audience with an amazing instant pot beef stew you must definitely try this recipe.
Instant pot beef stew
- 2 pounds stewing beef
- 1 onion
- 4 carrots
- 3 cups baby potatoes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1 cup red wine
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 cup celery
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- Prepare the meat with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Turn the Instant pot to saute and put the olive oil in. When the oil is hot put half of beef in and leave it for 4-5 minutes. When the time is up repeat with the other half of beef.
- Add the tomato paste, broth, wine, rosemary and vegetables then close and put on stew/meat mode, for 35 minutes.
- After that time is up let it release for 15 minutes.
- Take off the lid then put on saute mode and bring to boil. Now add the water and cornstarch that was previously mixed in a bowl. Let it to simmer for 2-3 minutes.