I think I may have told you already that one of my favorite fruits are the apples, and especially in their season in autumn. And what better way to enjoy that sweet apple taste that with this amazing baked apples recipe. This way you can really feel that great taste and tenderness of the apples.
So what you will need for this easy and delicious recipe is: apples, brown sugar, cinnamon, raisins, pecans or walnuts, butter and if you want ice cream for topping.
As you all know there are various types of apples, I personally like them all but you can use red apples or the green one.
The brown sugar will give that amazing and my favorite caramel taste that goes divine with baked apples. The cinnamon flavor goes great with apples also, the pecans or the walnuts bring that crunchy feeling to the plate. The butter will complement the other ingredients and make everything taste so much better.
You will need to pour a bit of water on the baking dish then just put the apples and bake them.
When their done let them cool down then if you want you can add o scoop of vanilla ice cream and some caramel sauce on top.
This dessert or snack whatever you want to call it is so easy to make with so few ingredients and will bring the sun on any rainy day. Not to mention oh but for sure we should mention that this recipe is so healthy, the apples alone have so much vitamin C.
You can also play with this recipe and add ingredients that you think that will go well with the baked apples like I don’t know let say oats, nutmeg, honey, caramel sauce and so on. So just give it a try I’m sure you will love it.
Easy Baked Apples Recipe
- 4 apples
- 1/4 cup walnuts or pecans chopped
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup water
- optional: ice cream
- First thing first preheat the oven at 350 degrees F (175 C).
- Rinse and dry the apples, use a knife to cut out the stem area and bring the seeds out, this way we make a hole were we will put the filling.
- Put the brown sugar, butter, pecan or walnuts, raisins, and cinnamon in a bowl and mix. When it’s all blended fill the apples with the mixture.
- Pour the water on the baking dish and put the apples on top, bake for 40 minutes.