I do not know about you but I love the flavor of cinnamon, so if you like it to you need to try this Cinnamon Roll Cookies recipe you will fall in love with them. They are sweet, crisp, tasty and above all, the smell of cinnamon will fill your home with the flavor of celebration.
First you create the Cinnamon roll cookies dough. Once prepared, it’ll be soft, so it will need to be chilled. Split the dough into two into a rectangle or a disk, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. You can keep it for as much as 3 days or freeze it for around a month, and then thaw it if you do not need to utilize the dough straight away.
If you have made cinnamon rolls then the upcoming steps will be recognizable to you. For every piece of dough, roll the dough out to a rectangle. Spread cooled melted butter and scatter with cinnamon-sugar mix. Press on it so it sticks into the butter.
Beginning with the more edge, roll the dough up to make a log. It’s time so we can cut the dough out to create cookies that are shaped. Transfer the logs to a plate and cover with plastic wrap, then put in the refrigerator. I bake the biscuits for no longer than 12 minutes. They’ll appear glowing and undone, but that they ought to be. Over baking can make them difficult. Drizzling using a spoon is fine, although I use a bag for it.
Cinnamon roll cookies – extremely tender, melt in the mouth. Dough dipped with butter, sprinkled with crystal sugar. I have made biscuits with cinnamon but so tender that I have not even eaten them. And very fragrant! The recipe is extremely simple, as is the preparation.
Soft cinnamon roll cookies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp melted butter (for filling)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (for filling)
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon (for filling)
- 2 cups powdered sugar (for glaze)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (for glaze)
- 3-4 tbsp milk (for glaze)
- Preheat the oven at 350°F (177°C).
- Mix the butter and the sugar in a large bowl until creamy. Then add the milk, egg and vanilla.
- In a different bowl mix the flour, salt and baking powder. Then add this to the creamy mixture and stir until combined.
- Divide the dough in 2 equal parts. Roll up each part in a rectangle, now brush them with melted butter and then spread brown sugar and cinnamon over each of them.
- Roll up each rectangle and them slice into thick slices.
- Bake about 12-14 minutes.
- Mix the powdered sugar, vanilla and milk and drizzle over cookies.