It is so hard to get a homemade recipe for chicken salad if you ask people. It is one of those recipes which you throw just how much of each component in that you prefer. I’ve been receiving so many requests for this, I thought I’d make it an attempt to write down what I put in it.
Chicken salad sandwiches are one of my favorite kinds of sandwich. I am fairly picky when it comes to chicken salad. I like
Although this particular easy chicken salad recipe is quite basic, it is still creamy and full of flavor, yet still enough room to customize it just how you like. It has just the right amount of crunch from the celery and onions together with that perfect mix of spice from the celery salt and other seasonings. Not to mention that kick of mild sweetness.
Should you like a sweet chicken salad move on and put in some grapes, raisins, cranberries or nuts.
As with all chicken salad recipes be sure to season a little at a time, tasting after each seasoning, till you get the taste you love.
This Best-Ever Chicken Salad recipe is actually the great go-to chicken salad for sandwiches or in addition to a green salad. You may add the mayo and cashews, or raisins, or bacon, or perhaps blend in a little powder. Of course mayo sets this salad on the top. But a fantastic quality store mayonnaise works also.
Easy Chicken Salad
- 3-4 lbs chicken parts (bone-in or breasts)
- 1 cup grapes, halved
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3 scallions
- 2 tbsp fresh dill
- 1 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp mustard
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F
- Rub olive oil and sprinkle with pepper and salt.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until internal temperature is 165.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. Remove pull the meat and roughly chop.
- In a big bowl, mix together, the chicken, grapes, almonds, celery, scallions, dill, & parsley.
- In a small-medium bowl, combine together the mayonnaise, lemon, pepper, and salt.
- Insert the mix and stir until well blended.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for an hour.
- Serve on a bed of greens with avocado and tomatoes. Or, serve with green leaf lettuce on bread. Insert toppings!
For more chicken recipes check our go to list of 35 chicken recipes.